Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Mini Update from my iPad

Sorry for the lack of updates, Blog, but I've only had sporadic access to the Internet here in Trois Pistoles. Things are going really well here, much better than I had hoped or anticipated. In the past I haven't always felt comfortable being around other people 24/7. I like to have my space and quiet time, which is difficult in a program like this. But I've adjusted well here, and in fact have enjoyed being immersed in constant socializing. I'm also finding my sense of humor again and enjoy cracking jokes with my dinner mates every day.

Things that keep me sane: reading English books, long walks, ping pong and a nap every afternoon. I've really appreciated my Kindle (an ebook reader). There are next to no English books available in rural Quebec, but using my Kindle I can download and read new books at my leisure. Personally I prefer the feel of a real book, but considering that I couldn't haul 12 paperbacks from Hamilton, the Kindle is a great substitute.

My friends, Andrew and Ashley, just announced their engagement. Congrats to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment